Write me a note in the comments...

Monday, October 20, 2008

I'M BA-ACK!


What a great time I had! We stopped at a quilt shop in Beeville on the way up on Wednesday. We got to our room and settled in before dinner. Of course, for four days we sewed and ate and sewed and snacked and sewed and ate and sewed and snacked and sewed and ate and sewed and snacked, then slept. In between we stopped at a couple of quilt shops that gave us nice discounts. I bought a yard each of a set of fabrics half price! from Oak Leaf Quilts in New Braunfels and the cutest fat fruit bottomed girls at the Quilt Haus. We were given an incredible gift from guild of a plastic tote for blocks and it was filled with lots of great supplies. We each sewed up a quilt block that was pre-cut and my buddy Judy who visited me twice (YEA!) got to draw two winners of block sets. (She didn't draw my name -- )-8 LOL) an Austin quilt guild was in the smaller meeting room we used last year and they shared lots of great projects with us. Two of which one our sweet ladies learned to make and we got started making pocket organizers that hang down in front of the machine and little "ort" bags for scraps and threads. Plus, a small group of us went for the mystery quilt project. I almost finished my top at retreat.... OMG, a lot of 2 inch squares to cut! I'm holding my "Autumn in the Valley" that's just missing two borders. I want to finish it soon! We got home Sunday early evening and I slept two hours because I stayed up til 3 am so I could finish the top before I left retreat. I'm starting to get things back together around here and it's time to get it together again for our trip to the Texas Renaissance Festival next week. I've never travelled twice this close together. I'm a homebody. But... I'll tell you I'm already planning on retreat next year. What a Hoot and a Hollar!!!! Thanks to all my wonderful guild friends for their good times and friendship that we shared.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that green quilt at the bottom! It looks like a great retreat, and lots of fun project sharing going on. I'm glad you got to go!

Connie said...

Your autumn quilt is stunning. Glad you had a great time on retreat!

McKate said...

Hurray, glad you posted your blog address, else I wouldnt have found it! All the happy faces show you enjoyed yourselves and your quilt is beautiful, clever girl. Good to know you are thinking of going again so you will have something nice to look forward to.