Write me a note in the comments...

Friday, November 28, 2008

Simple Woman Daybook - Friday 11/28/08



The Simple Woman's Daybook... take a look

Outside my window... It's cloudy and peaceful

I am thinking... about how close my mom is to heaven

I am thankful for... this will be a long one....
  1. my dear mother, who's given all of herself and her love for her family
  2. my precious husband, who is not only working hard to provide for us, but doing so much to help me as I care for Mom and whose shoulders are always ready to soak up tears and arms ready to comfort
  3. my Erin, who is always ready to help me as best she can and who comforts with arms around me when she sees I need it. She also is a sweet distraction.
  4. my Jamie and my Christy, who call to check on me and come when they can. They have arms to put around me to hold me when I need held. I still so strongly feel their little presence as babies in my arms... what happened to the time? But that's all right. They have grown into beautiful women with tender hearts.
  5. my Peter, who married Christy and completes the whole for them both. He is her rock on earth and it comforts to know she has him.
  6. my faithful, loving, present-even-though-long distant friend and sister-in-Christ, Judy, who always calls just when I need to hear her voice and has an ear to hear whatever I need to say, offers practical and heart-felt advice and instruction and comfort
  7. my sweet brothers, who are so supportive of my efforts for their mother. I ache that they can't be with her, too, in these last hours. Charlie was able to come for a visit and Jimmy would be here if he at all could.
  8. my friends, Rebecca, Kim, Gloria and many online friends who call or contact often to check in and see what I need and how to pray.
  9. and though mentioned last is my all-in-all Lord and Strength, Jesus... my Comfort and Helper, Holy Spirit... and my Father who knows the day and the hour that Mom will enter into her everlasting rest and provides all we have need of to continue on one day at a time.

From the kitchen... I hear Erin warming up some leftover turkey

I am wearing... scrub pants, a tank top and my favorite pea pod apron

I am creating... my blog entry...that's all I can focus on right now.

I am going... to go make a sandwich

I am reading... Simple Abundance

I am hoping... for continued grace to care for Mom

I am hearing... SpongeBob in the background... Erin and her TV addiction!

Around the house...I'm trying to get some laundry done...lots of bed sheets for Mom's hospital bed

One of my favorite things... reading with Erin. We're reading a historical fiction about the pilgrims right now.

A few plans for the rest of the week: One day at a time, Sweet Jesus. That's all I'm asking of you.

Here is picture thought I am sharing... Yesterday, Allen made a wonderful stuff turkey breast stuffed with rice, mushrooms and spinach..mmmm. Jamie made her always wonderful spinach-artichoke dip... that's more of a side dish than just a dip. Christy made wonderful mashed potatoes. Erin and I made pumpkin and pecan pies We had a great thanksgiving dinner and a precious time with my family. Afterwards, Christy set up a tripod for family pictures. This picture was taken of me and my girls with Mom. Bittersweet.

No comments: