Write me a note in the comments...

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Call me Spot?




Allen keeps forgetting that he can't get up without a 'spotter'. He walks really well with the walker and is getting stronger standing without it, but on occasion he loses his balance and down he goes. I was in the girls' bedroom tonight 'snuggling' Erin before bed and hear the 'smack' when he went down. He hasn't done any serious damage, but I don't want him to keep falling. He's sore and has a few bruises. He's active enough now that I couldn't even use a bell on him (thanks anyway, MaryLeah). I'm at a loss other than somebody has to be in the livingroom with him at all times. I park his wheel chair next to the bed at night so he won't get out without asking me to move it, but I may have to tie him in the recliner! Just kidding. He is remembering that he's fallen before. The first few times he didn't remember that, so maybe this time....

No comments: