Write me a note in the comments...

Monday, March 28, 2011

Another foot forward...

Just a quick note...
Allen is progressing well. His short term memory is sketchy. That will return. He is stronger every day. He is now going room to room on his own. It was white knuckles not following him, but Jamie encouraged me that he needed this independence. This morning I woke up as he was walking out of the bathroom, so he's doing well.

I am now a working woman. Allen is on long-term disability, but that doesn't quite cut it financially. God is good because a few months ago when I was contemplating about going back to work and what I would do and troubled because I can't leave him and I want to be a stay-at-home mom still... God brought Mark and Tammy Jo to me as they had my name in their hearts and heads for a dispatcher for their business. I can do this from home and as the business grows I'll work more, but still be home most of the time. Our God is an AWESOME God. Well, when they first mentioned it I was willing to start whenever, but knew that I was needed with Allen a lot at that time. They weren't ready for me then, but ... now is the time and it's God's perfect timing, as usual. So... I begin. I'm excited about doing it and about staying home. I'm a homebody and always have been. I'm so grateful.

And... please pray... we are making decisions about Erin's education. We have asked God to make the decision and part of it should be made this week, so please ask God to make our paths clear. With me working and caring for Allen and Jamie starting an excellerated college program to finish her Bachelor's, Erin could be schooled at home, but we believe maybe God is wanting something different. She has been wanting to try out 'regular school'. I think she needs some of the things it would provide her. We do not believe that traditional public school will be where she'll be so God will work out all the details.

I've continued to hear how people are still praying for Allen and our family and I am so grateful. Thank you all for being such dear friends and loved ones. Thank you for checking in on us through my blog. I don't intend to discontinue it because it so good for me to journal it and others still want to know how he's progressing. May God continue to bless you.

No comments: