Write me a note in the comments...

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Understaffed Nursing Home

Allen became dehydrated at Retama and the dr. found it when he had a reg. followup apptmt. Thank the Lord he was going to the dr. I kept telling them he needed hydrated. I give him water all the time I'm there, but they don't have the time. He could even have it in his peg regularly to make sure he's hydrated if they don't want to make sure he has a glass of water beside him. His bp dropped to 60s / 40s. The dr. gave him 2 bags of IV fluids and sent him back with orders for more and to give him water. Geesh... where did they hear that before? I stayed with him all night. I'm having other issues like that, but Allen is recovering from the fumble and we hope to get him home soon.

FOR TODAY
Outside my window... it's sunny and cool
I am thinking... I need a nap
I am thankful for... the nearness of Allen coming home
From the kitchen... quiet
I am wearing ..jeans and a t
I am creating... ...nothing, and I'm aching to do some sewing
I am going...to take a soaky bath and get a nap
I am reading... a book of articles written for Quilter's Newsletter Magazine
I am hoping... to get Allen home soon
I am hearing..peacefully nothing
Around the house... Erin is doing school work and Jamie is getting Betsy down for a nap
One of my favorite things...Allen's sense of humor
A few plans for the rest of the week... I must get the rest of the bathroom bars, etc for when Allen comes home.
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...Simple and beautiful isn't always new and modern

No comments: