Write me a note in the comments...

Friday, December 24, 2010

Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway.

God is so good... God is so good... God is so good... He's so good to me. He answers prayer... He answers prayer... He answers prayer... He's so good to me. I love him so... I love him so... I love him so... He's so good to me.
We spent the afternoon with Allen for Christmas eve. His brothers - Michael and Kevin, our girls- Jamie, Christy and Erin, Christy's hubby Peter and daughter Betsy and I sat in the dining room at S.Tx. Rehab with Allen.

He drank tea, talked, listening, joked, watched his sweet Betsy run around and eat chocolate chip cookies, and opened a few Christmas gifts. Erin and I got him some drawing supplies because he always liked and was good at drawing. Christy made him a lap blanket. Jamie made him this incredible lap desk, sketching, painting and wood burning this cowboy on it with the words: "Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway."

That's what my Allen is doing. I know it's scary to have gaps in memory, not be able to get up and do what you want to do and all that he's dealing with. But he's saddling up anyway. He's doing what has to be done with a good attitude and he's going to get better.

No comments: