Write me a note in the comments...

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Improvements and prayers


Choosing not to fret lately... it feels good.

I haven't blogged in a few days. I have a knotted muscle by my shoulder blade and it's awful. I got an adjustment which helped around it, but that muscle doesn't want to let go and let God! LOL

Allen had his barium swallow study yesterday and .... drum roll... passed and can start the road back to eating. He starts on pureed foods. I helped him with apple sauce yesterday. I'm going to take in some yogurt today. ... and ... mashed tatoes and gravy and punkin pie (no crust) for Christmas!

He is getting stronger. The therapists say it's a long and promising road. He makes small improvements all the time. He can stand between the bars for a while. He follows multiple commands. His speech is still a little 'lazy' sometimes, but mostly really clear. He is a little less confused.

We read to him most days. He really likes it. A sci-fi book he and Jamie have read keeps him listening. When I think he's asleep and stop his eyes pop open and he asks me to keep reading. It's awesome. My TV bug isn't too interested in tv. We leave the Christian radio station on some days and some days he just want quiet. I got him an MP3 player with the Bible, books and music, but it already died! GRRR... gotta find the receipt.

Pray that the insurance company stops making waves about the amount of time he needs to fully rehabilitate. They want to downgrade him to a nursing home for continued rehab. That doesn't make sense. Aggressive rehab is helping him so much. South Texas Rehab has been so wonderful. Each person seems to truly want to help him succeed. I have been impressed, blessed and grateful.

Also, please pray for Allen's brother and Mom. Michael was in the hospital again for heart pains and Mom visited him. When she was leaving she fell and injured her hip. She's in the hospital now and we don't know if it means surgery or what.

Blessings to all my friends and family! I love each of you.

2 comments:

Lesley said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I have been following your story from the UK, and I can't believe how much strength you have shown. Your love of your God has shone through like a beacon. I am a Pagan, but I hope you will receive my healing thoughts and prayers in the Spirit they are given. Blessings.

Lesley said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I have been following your story from the UK, and I can't believe how much strength you have shown. Your love of your God has shone through like a beacon. I am a Pagan, but I hope you will receive my healing thoughts and prayers in the Spirit they are given. Blessings.