Write me a note in the comments...

Thursday, December 23, 2010

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.


God is good... but we already know that!
Allen is off antibiotics now, the foley is out, he's eating well... and... yea!!!! the insurance company has okay'd another week. So... one day at a time with everything else, but at least it's one week at a time with insurance! LOL I really wish they'd just okay him staying until he's able to get around, but I guess they're worried I'd want him to live there! HA!!! I can't wait to get my man home again.

One of the nurses wanted me to be there for all of Allen's meal times, to learn how to get him in and out of bed with the lift and feed through the peg tube. I'm very willing to learn what I need to learn, but I'm still asking the Lord to finish his miracle and get him up and around. I got the feeling she thought I'd be nervous about taking care of him. One thing I learned through taking care of Mom and Dad while they were in hospice care at home, I can do anything the Lord needs me to do if I have to. Now do I always think I can do it? No, but nevertheless " I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Tomorrow is Christmas eve. A lifetime ago I might have been sad to spend so much of the holiday at the hospital instead of home baking, crafting, wrapping, etc. Today, I am so grateful that I have a husband at Christmas that all I can do is rejoice... rejoice in the Lord's goodness!
Merry Christmas to all of you wonderful people who are standing with us, loving us, praying with us, helping us through this time. We are very blessed.

No comments: