Write me a note in the comments...

Thursday, December 2, 2010

South Texas Rehab


Christy, Betsy, Jamie, Erin and I visited South Texas Rehab on Alton Gloor in Brownsville. It seems to be a great facility. The staff and patients all seemed so friendly. That says a lot. The paperwork is going forward to get Allen transferred there in a few days unless there are any snags... pray. Allen wrote 1 to 10 for me last night and after I did some mouth care with him (tooth brushing) he talked very well for a bit until he tired. He tried to write his name, but faded out as he was tired. I need to start with that one next time. The other day as I was leaving he told me, "Be good." I asked him if I had to. He said, "It helps." He's got his sense of humor. I love him so much and I'm asking... begging... God to finish his miracle in him and bring him back completely.

3 comments:

Paula Sanldin said...

Linda, this is so good to hear. God is going to answer all the prayers that have been coming your family's way, I am sure of it. He has more for Allen, you and the girls to do so he needs Allen to be there with all of you. We hope all goes with with the transfer. Looks like a great facility and it the patients that are already there seem to be happy, something has to be right. Keep us posted and our thoughts and prayers stay with you. My co-workers ask me everyday if I have heard from you and are sending their prayers your way too along with all of our motorcycle riders. We love you all

Sami said...

Go Allen! He is so far ahead of the curve for a brain injury to be writing anything so soon. I am so happy that he is still himself - personality/sense of humor wise. Hang in there.

Paula Sanldin said...

Linda, on face book you said you had posted for the weekend and Monday on here, did something happen? We are anxious to here how the move to rehab went / is going. I know you are really busy, but give us a short update on how things are going and we hope it is great news.