Write me a note in the comments...

Sunday, November 28, 2010

He's still workin' on me...


Spent the afternoon and early evening with Allen. He was awake for most of it. We talked some until he got tired and began mumbling. He made sense through some of it and not through some. He seems to be getting stronger each day. After he got tired I put some classical and Christian music on and we just listened and rested. I drifted off to sleep a while and woke up to Allen staring at me. Payback... for all the hours I stared at him while he was in a coma.

My cousin, Roy, reminded me of something today via facebook...

Jesus said, Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. (John 14:27)

How hard is it to not let my heart be troubled? Apparently pretty hard. I don't want to go there, but I do.
You know that song?...
He's still working on me
To make me what I need to be
It took him just a week to make the moon and stars
The sun and the earth and Jupiter and Mars
How loving and patient He must be
'Cause He's still workin' on me.

No comments: