Write me a note in the comments...

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

thank you...


... for your friendship, your love, your acts of kindness and support...

I am so blessed by so many wonderful people who have just surrounded us with love and physical support through cards and encouragement, money, food, gift cards. It's so totally overwhelming. I hate the thought of being a burden to others. My girls fuss at me and keep me in line with it, but I never want to be so 'needy' that people get tired of me. The fact that I am so surrounded with so many arms has made such a difference in our lives. I don't know how to thank you enough.

Allen is improving all the time. For a few days now the things he talked about weren't making much sense to me, but I suppose his brain has been thinking of stuff I'm not understanding. Today Christy was with me in the room and after I left and walked Betsy out next to his window so she could see her Pa-Pa. He waved to her. Then he and Christy proceeded to have this heart to heart about me worrying too much, what was going on with his paperwork, how he wants his door and curtain closed for privacy, etc. Also, the physical therapist came in and talked about how good he is doing with movement and he wants to work him more because he has great potential for full recovery. They have Allen up on a table that stands him up and he's up to 65 degrees today.

So... after lunch we went back and later Allen and I were talking and I got so upset with him that I left the room. He was being a 'butt!' After getting over my upset, I went back to the room and talked to him about it and we kissed and made up.... Isn't that awesome.... our first fight! LOL I still don't understand everything he says when he gets tired and mumbly and that's what seemed to bug him, but he can get over it and try harder! I talked to the nurse about speaking to the doctor concerning removing his trach. He is breathing all on his own now and doesn't need it and he's pulled it out twice, which meant strapping his hands so he can't pull it out in his sleep. That doesn't thrill him either.

So... you've heard all the gory details about the last few days. I've cried so much again for fear his mind wouldn't be the same and he goes and has this heart to heart with Christy, so... I guess I shouldn't let the enemy make me worry so much.... Allen is right...of course... I worry too much.

Matthew 6:34 (New International Version)

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

John 14:27 (KJV)

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

No comments: