Write me a note in the comments...

Friday, November 26, 2010

No more TRACH !!!!

Today: No more trach!!! Allen has been talking better and better. We can hear him most times without an ear at his lips. He gets tired and mumbles, but that is taking longer. He still mixes up words and is a little confused, but is less each day. We talked today about what he might want to do when he gets home... tv, cooking, woodworking, gardening... who knows, but he's talking to me about it. He recognized Judy when she visited today. We were laughing later because Allen has become even more King of the Non-committal One Liners. "Sounds Like it", "Possibly", "More or less", "Not necessarily", "Getting there." It's kind of like the "Go ask your mother" answer the girls used to get!!! LOL

Allen's blood pressure is controlled with meds, Hallelujah. He keeps pulling at lines, though, and kind of irritated one nurse 'cause he asked Allen why he was doing it and Allen answered, "to keep you on your feet," then he told him he'd have to tie his hands if he kept it up, to which Allen answered, "Do what you have to do." Stink pot! He's not usually that aggravating or sarcastic unless he's really "P.O'd" with someone.

Please keep praying that:
  • He'll keep getting stronger with BP controlled.
  • Be able to get off all the tubes and lines.
  • His thoughts, memories and brain function will return completely
  • He'll get insurance approval for the right in-patient neuro rehab (hopefully South Texas Rehab)
I appreciate all your prayers for Allen and for our family!

My friend, Judy, and I were visiting this week and I was sharing with her that I have a struggle with not thinking about the "what-ifs" of the future. The Lord and I are working on that because my good days are when I can just get up and do what is before me, accept whatever place Allen is in that day and deal with it for that day, and go home at the end of the day, watch our shows with my girls, enjoy supper and go to bed. Amen... so be it. No mas. No menos. Lord, help me do that each day. Judy said that would be a great thing if I can get victory in that because most of us can't. I don't know about victory. I really think it's something we each have to consciously choose each and every day.

Remember this song?: "Lord, how they're increased that trouble me. Many are they that rise up against me. Many are they that say of my soul, 'There is no help for him in God.' But thou, Oh, Lord art a shield for me, my glory and the lifter of my head."

No comments: