Write me a note in the comments...

Thursday, October 21, 2010

test your faith

Bro. Ron Corzine shared this in his newsletter:

1 Peter 1 says this in verse 7 “The purpose of these troubles [that you’re going through] is to test your faith as fire tests how genuine gold is. Your faith is much more precious than gold, and by passing the test, it gives praise, glory, and honor to God.” So God says it’s inevitable, but I can use it all for good and I can even fit your plans and your errors and your mistakes and other people’s sins into this. And I’m going to test your faith and strengthen you through it.

So what should be my attitude? Praising God. Praising God in the situation saying, blessed be the name of the Lord. That’s what Job said when he lost everything. He lost all of his wealth and all of his health and all of his family in about twenty-four, forty-eight hours. Yet he said “The Lord gives; the Lord takes away, but blessed be the name of the Lord.” I’m going to trust him even in the situation.

http://www.cficonnection.com/

No comments: