Write me a note in the comments...

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Home Sweet Home... Lord willing, tomorrow!

The neurosurgeon and neuro doctors say we can bring Allen back to the Valley tomorrow. The EMS ambulance will be picking him up around 10-ish tomorrow morning and be back, I suppose, mid to late afternoon. I will go straight to Solara Hospital (LTAC). Christy is going to be touring it tomorrow morning and be there to welcome him, as well. Jamie has school, but may be there with us. I am apprehensive only because he has rec'd excellent care here in Houston and I am hoping and praying it will be equally good at Solara.

I had hoped Allen would be a little more wakeful by now, but the doctors say it will just take time. His brain has suffered a lot of trauma and he is healing.

Today is Erin's 12th birthday. Like I put on facebook, a girl spending her birthday away from home with Daddy in the hospital is not exactly what she'd want, but what a joy she is. Friday night when her sisters had offered a night out somewhere special, she chose to come to the hospital where I'd been waiting through Allen's surgery, share pizza in the family waiting room and play Uno with the family. What a kid! Saturday, Christy took her for a pedicure, then she got her presents, which were lots of books and some stuffies and computer coins for games she plays. Saturday night we went to the movies to see the Legend of the Guardians, the Owls of Ga'hoole. It was fun. We were late for the showing so we had a root beer float and played cards at Red Robin while we waited for the next one. Today, we got up, visited with Daddy several hours, then had a picnic at Herman Park. We rode the transit train, the park train around the park, got on the paddle boats, then back to the hospital for a while. This is the day the Lord has made and we rejoiced and were glad in it.



Jamie picked up the puppies today. My dear friend, Susan Pockrus, had them boarded at a homey place where they have been groomed and pampered, I'm sure, more than they get at home. Cocoa had had hot spots that I think from nerves with home turned upside down. They are all healed up and the pics Jamie sent me were so cute.

I want to tell you about one of the respiratory therapists Allen had. Her name is Sheba and she is a cute little lady that took such good care of Allen's breathing. She was also so friendly with us. Another new friend from Houston.

Well... Erin and I have packing and picking up to do and I'm tired. Hope to see all my Valley friends soon. Love to each of you.

1 comment:

Ann Jud said...

So glad you are coming home. I have been praying for your family daily. I'm sure one day soon, Allen will walk into CFC. Praise God! Tell Erin Happy Birthday.