Write me a note in the comments...

Saturday, January 15, 2011

... and time goes on ...

Yesterday morning I slept late and did some stuff around the house. Jamie, Erin and I headed down to see Allen and he looked good. We are trying an eye patch on his right eye which he cannot see well out of. He seems to be okay wearing it. We'll see. But... when I helped him put it on I asked him if he's going to tell everyone "ARRRR" like a pirate and he said he was going to say "Avast, Matey!" Too funny... he's got such a cute sense of humor.

I spoke to Ann, his PT, and she said he walked 35 feet with the walker!!!! Best yet!!! He did well in OT and Speech, too. His cognition and appropriate answers were right on.

So we sat and visited, ate dinner, then watched Night at the Museum 2 together until 8 when we left. It was a great day.

FOR TODAY
Outside my window... Lots of drippiness... needed that soaky rain, but I don't want to go out in it.
I am thinking... I wish I could poof myself to Allen this morning and not drive in this weather
I am thankful for... the people God puts in our life
From the kitchen... the refrigerator is purring
I am wearing ... jeans, tshirt
I am creating...I wish I were creating
I am going...to see my hunny soon
I am reading... just skimming through stuff
I am hoping... Allen will walk well enough soon to come home... I miss him being here SO much
I am hearing... drip, drip, drip, drip, drip, drip
Around the house... Everyone else is snoozing
One of my favorite things... worship time at church
A few plans for the rest of the week... this week is almost done... still want to dust and sweep my room and bathroom
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...Five years ago! Time goes by too quickly.




No comments: