Write me a note in the comments...

Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year with Allen and my Sunday Simplicity

Yesterday, Jamie, Erin and I spent the afternoon with Allen. He was really tired after a long therapy morning and sitting up for hours, so the nurses had put him back into bed for a nap. He visited with us for a little bit then slept. We sat and read until it was his supper time. They allowed him to eat in bed, so we got his tray for him. They've upgraded him to chopped food because he's having no problem with swallowing... yea! We talked to him about what kind of food we can bring him, old memories, concerts and music, lots of odds and ends. He still has lots of memory gaps, but he knows us. He commented on Jamie's purple hair! (she did one of those wash out ones for the new year) and called Erin "Punkin" which is one of her nicknames and he kept her in the conversation (she sits on the bench in the corner and reads after she visits with Dad a bit). It was a good visit.

FOR TODAY
Outside my window...the coral vine is still beautiful... nice and warm S.Tx winters.
I am thinking... Is that girl going to be ready for church?
I am thankful for... a good night's sleep.
From the kitchen... the puppies are crunching their food.
I am wearing ... slacks and a top.
I am creating... head designing a chicken banner our guild president inspired
I am going... to church, lunch, then off to see my Allen
I am reading... the Word, a fiction book to Allen called Kingdom For Sale, trying to start reading several other books, including Twilight that my youngest daughter insists is a must read.
I am hoping... God will finish the miracle in my husband and return him to me.
I am hearing... puppy crunches...lol
Around the house...it's quiet.
One of my favorite things... watching the bees dance around the coral vine.
A few plans for the rest of the week: Back and forth to rehab, cleaning house
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
I don't know how long I'll keep up my "For Today" thoughts, but for now, it's rather centering for me.... one day at a time.

No comments: