Write me a note in the comments...

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

How many jars of pickles does one need?


Allen had a busy and tiring day. Jamie, Christy and Betsy came down just after Erin and I got there. He was tickled to see Betsy and she entertained him a lot. He'd let her get away with anything! What a Pa-Pa! She and the rest of us watched him walk a bit in the walker. After speech therapy we went back to the room and Betsy laid cradled in the crook of his arm for a while. Very still and content for an 18-month old. Pa-Pa loved it. The girls went home after lunch, except for Erin and I. Allen had a great workout with Emerick, his OT. He would do arm exercises to build up his arms, shoulders, trunk, etc. using 3 lb. dumbbells. Then he handed them to me to use while he rested in between sets. MY ARMS ARE TIRED!!! He either gets a great workout or I'm a wimp... well, sure, I am a wimp. No upper body strength, but with Allen's encouragement, I'll get stronger, too!
FOR TODAY
Outside my window... 44 degrees and nighttime
I am thinking... I should clean out the fridge .... not.
I am thankful for... God's way of giving us direction
From the kitchen... ... still that fridge... grrr...
I am wearing ... jeans, top, sweater... I'm cold.
I am creating...absolutely nothing in my head or from my hands this evening
I am going... to go to bed soon... maybe I'll read a little while... or just surf and vegetate
I am reading... a book about essential oils... little bits at a time
I am hoping... to get some time to clean out the fridge when I'm not vegetating...
I am hearing... nothing... peace and quiet... and keys being tapped
Around the house... Erin is in the shower, Betsy is asleep
One of my favorite things... quiet evenings
A few plans for the rest of the week... hmmmm... the fridge?
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

No comments: