Write me a note in the comments...

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Things that make you go.... HUH????????

We heard from the caseworker today that now the insurance company thinks that maybe Allen's progress has plateaued (ie, they are tired of paying). Have you seen all the progress he's made? Have you looked at the reports? They said this before they saw the reports... grrr... Also, they have this cap on hospital stays... 100 days per plan year, which he has already passed. Bertha, Rehab's Ins. person asked them incredulously if they are not covered if a catastrophic illness means they're hospitalized over 100 days in a plan year... well, there is red tape to work on and medical directors to convince to get the coverage. Why the heck do we have medical insurance if we have to hope and pray we don't need to use it because we might not be covered? So crazy.

But beyond my perplexity at these issues with insurance, I am confident in God that He has the exact number of days that Allen needs inpatient rehab and he will be home on the day he needs to be. I am SO anxious for that day to come.... I mean, come on.... I haven't just been able to lay on the bed with my hubby and watch tv and snuggle in 3 1/2 months. I miss him just being here, just know he's breathing beside me at night. I know.... gushy... but true. I am so thankful for all the fine care and hard work S TX Rehab has put into his recovery.

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in ALLEN will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

No comments: