Write me a note in the comments...

Friday, January 7, 2011

The LORD raises them that are bowed down.

The last few days have been busy... so busy that last night I passed out on the couch and poor Erin was needing me to explain a math problem to her. I started to and just passed out again. So I went to bed. Math doesn't compute when my brain is asleep.

This week Allen has walked a little further each day. He needs the therapist to help him get up and I'm behind with a balancing hand as he walks. He is standing a little taller and and walking bigger steps each day. He made it all the way to the end of the bars ... about 12 feet, I think ... in one attempt. The first day was half way in three attempts, so he improved a lot in 4 days. Cognitively, it is slow, but he is remembering more. He doesn't always retain it, but it surfaces here and there, which is encouraging. ... and he planted a great kiss on me the other day!!! Then the next day he thought I was his mother.... alas... maybe I need to color my hair one more time. LOL He sometimes forgets we're older.

On Tuesday, the insurance company believed they were going to deny his staying longer at the rehab and opt for either a nursing facility or home care. But... Sam (the caseworker) and I prayed and left it with God. She came in later and told me the insurance doctor approved another week. I am still praying for him to stay there at S.Tx Rehab until he's walking with little assistance. God knows our desires and Allen's true needs and HE will do what is right and in HIS will.

The LORD openeth the eyes of the blind: the LORD raiseth them that are bowed down: the LORD loveth the righteous:' Psalm 146:8

No comments: